Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ground Force



There is a force
electric
like a chakra that runs
down through my spine
through the seat of my saddle
through the belly of my horse
into the

ground

this ground...this very
ground
where I was born where I am
whole

this land lies
high up beside an intermittent creek
running Up...into a muddy, sluggish stream
that flows its own peculiar Powder River way
into the north

to finally find itself inside the southern sea.

From here I go, I wander and I ramble
butt heads with "certainties"
and fight as is my nature
to go my own way North
and wind up South.

No matter where I go that
pull
it centers me and here is
where I find my
peace

in the land of my birth
where the forces flow straight
to Earth

where my free-flight
hits ground
and
smiles.

No comments: